IT (mainly via ACCU)
- ACCU conference 2014: "Order Notation in Practice" - available as
- ACCU conference 2013: "Auto - a necessary evil?" - available as
- ACCU conference 2012: "If it was hard to write ... a reflection on code reuse" - available as
- ACCU conference 2011: "Some objects are more equal than others - a look at the many meanings of equality, value and identity" - co-presented with Steve Love and available as
- ACCU conference 2010: "A Simple Matter of Configuration?" - available as
- ACCU conference 2009: "Refactoring Without Ropes" - available as
- ACCU conference 2008: Keynote "Seven Deadly Sins of Debugging" - available as
- ACCU conference 2008: "Network Programming - writing programs in a networked world" - available as
- The new C++ standard for ACCU London (17-Jan-2008) PDF Updated Apr 2010.
- The new C++ standard at the BCS special interest group Software Practice Advancement (30-Oct-2007)
- ACCU conference 2007: "Better Bug Hunting" - available as
Open Office .
- ACCU conference 2006: "Writing Better Bugs" - available as
Open Office .
I have written various articles for the ACCU magazines C Vu and Overload:
Some notes on purging unused files from Windows.
I wrote a paper "A Theology of Mathematics"
during the 10-week 'The Christian in the Modern World' course at the
London Institute of Contemporary Christianity in Autumn 2003.
There is also a book review,
Is Papal Authority a Gift to Us?
, published in the Southwark diocese newspaper, the Bridge in Oct 2003.
Pointers (OS/2 User Group magazine)
Over the years I wrote a number of articles for
the (now deceased) OS/2 User Group magazine Pointers. I have left the
articles on-line because I still get occasional requests for them and one of them is linked from Wikipedia.
They are also available on www.edm2.com.
Select one of the
items below for the text of these (now fairly historical!) articles.
Pointers. Older articles - unformatted text files only